The NIA OST IS281 Program
The NIA Community Network is a Community Based Organization. Please feel free to visit the official NIA Website at http://www.niabklyn.org . The NIA provides valuable services and activities to revitalize and invigorate the Brooklyn communities of Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Dyker Heights and Boro Park. The NIA undertook the tasks of fostering positive youth development, acted as the catalyst by encouraging other neighborhood organizations to expand their scope of services, while continuing to broaden their own programs and initiatives.
The NIA has continued to inspire and today remains dedicated to providing an array of cost-free services and programs that include:
- youth and family counseling
- domestic violence prevention and intervention
- senior support and recreation
- referral services
- community and crime prevention projects
- after-school and evening programs that include:
- educational assistance
- arts and crafts
- performing arts
- youth pre-employment skills training
- sports and recreation programs
- youth leadership skills and conflict resolution
Under the umbrella of sensitivity, caring and professionalism, the NIA continues to provide counseling, direction, education, and assistance to whomever seeks its welcoming hand. The NIA is dedicated to serving as the agent of compassionate concern throughout the neighborhoods it serves.